I’ve been watching way to many decorating videos on Youtube recently and I came across the dollar store decor trend. I had seen a couple of ideas on Pinterest, but didn’t give it to much thought. I saw some amazing decor and decided to give it a try. I went to the dollar store and after spending almost an hour I came up with a few things I wanted to make.
For this one I used
-A wire basket
-Mini jenga blocks (wooden beads would also work)
-Hot glue gun Take two of the jinga blocks and hot glue them together. Once the glue drys tie a knot right above them and repeat the same steps on the other side.
Make a loop at the top and tie a knot. Just like with the other two, glue the jenga blocks together with the rope in the middle.
I needed a little more storage, so I’ve been trying to figure out where to put a few things without having to get any more furniture and this ended up working really well.
All you need for this one is a
- Giant art pad
- Stencils, but if you want you can free hand it. I tore off a piece of paper and made a grid on it; then I placed it underneath the top piece, so I would have a guide on where to put the numbers.
Once I was finished I glued it to an old piece of wood I had from a school project and hung it up.
I love how this turned out and it looks so good in my office.
- 4 Rugs
- Hot glue or a sewing machine
- Fabric Paint
- String for tassels
1. I used the back of the rugs, bccause the front was difficult to paint on. I used hot glue to attach them, but if you want this to hold up really well I recommend sewing them together.
2. Once the glue dried I used black paint and created a design. I didn’t really have a plan for it, I just made it up as I went along.
3. I made tassels out of some string I had left over from another project and glued those on to either side.
Pinterest Paper Bag:
I also found a roll of brown rapping paper and remembered a video but he sorry girls. In their video they show you how to make paper bags for storage and they look just like the ones all over Pinterest. The bags are pretty easy to make, but it is hard to explain it, so you can watch their video here.
I hope you found this post helpful x